Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Butterflies


Here are a few snaps taken today at the butterfly house, a local attraction that I've been meaning to get to for ... how long have we lived here? ... about two years!


I'm generally not a fan of insects, but I can pretend that they're not just a prettier version of moths (which I detest).  Not a fan of them landing on me though!!


I was a bit confused to start with as there were lots of bright blue butterflies flitting around the butterfly house and they never seemed to settle on the vegetation for me to photograph them ... then I realised that only the topside of the wings was blue; the underside is brown.  It blends in particularly well against tree trunks, but that didn't make for a good photo!


Those blue blurs are the blue butterflies in flight (yes, I could have changed my camera settings, but I didn't!).


I liked this one!


Not quite as stunning but it posed for its photo, so why not!?!


The flowers were pretty too!

I'm trying to get out and about with my camera more this summer as we're planning a photo holiday in Utah this autumn and I need to get used to carrying my camera gear or I'll really suffer.  So, lots more photos coming up!!

3 comments:

  1. Not a bug fan either (duh) but butterflies are nice, you captured them beautifully! Utah in autumn? Sounds so nice!! I'm looking forward to many lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the second last one too Fiona, it's wings remind me of lace. Not so keen on moths either :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT!?!?!! You don't like insects!!!! (sigh)

    Bee Lady

    Your pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete