Thursday, 16 April 2015

Photos from St. Louis' Zoo


Last weekend we took advantage of the nice weather and, along with several thousand other people, visited the zoo.  St. Louisans are very proud that there are no entrance fees to many of the city's major attractions: the zoo, the art museum, the science museum and the Missouri history museum ... the downside of this is that they are all packed, most of the time.


It's a hard life being a big cat!


Maybe they were up late partying the night before?


Who knew that digesting breakfast was such hard work?!?


That's more like it!!


Phew!  I was beginning to think they'd all been given sedatives!


Elsewhere the animals seemed a bit more awake....






Cute!


And that's all of the elephant that I could get into frame with my telephoto lens!!

It was nice to get out and about with my camera for the first time in ages ... hoping to take many more photos this summer and get back to some crafts soon!

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that there's no entry fee to the zoo and other places as well. Refreshing in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Zoos! I had no idea St. Louis was so free! I think our zoo (Indianapolis zoo is the closest one) is too expensive. We tried to take my Mom to the Butterfly exhibit, which is right outside the zoo, and they wouldn't let us just do that exhibit. We had to pay a zoo entrance too. We left. Our Mom didn't want to go through the zoo, she just wanted to see the butterflies. I enjoyed your gorgeous pics. Nice camera. I've been just using my phone lately. I'm trying to adjust to it. Not sure I like it.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete