Thursday, 1 October 2015

Postcard from Utah (Part III: Monument Valley)

The Mittens and Merrick Butte at sunset

Sadly I don't have many photos from Monument Valley as my neck / back didn't want to play at off-roading.  Well, I do have a lot of photos because, once you've got the camera and tripod set up, you might as well keep clicking... but not from different locations.  As a result I have many photos of the buttes visible from the visitor centre such as the one above: East Mitten Butte, West Mitten Butte and Merrick Butte.   The photo above is currently the desktop photo on my laptop!

East Mitten Butte at sunset

Apparently I need to go back in 18 months when the visitor road around the valley has been paved! Andy tells me that I made the right decision not to join him as he was shaken around quite a lot and, even though there were loads of signs saying it was the law to buckle up in Navajo Nation this didn't seem to apply to our Navajo guide's 4x4 which didn't have one working seat belt.  Self-preservation won out over getting the shot!

And the Mittens and Merrick Butte again just after a very cloudy sunrise

So, that's it for my photos from this trip.  If you're still awake, well done ... you made it to the end!!  

The next post will be all about some sewing, I promise.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Makes me want to go back for another visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to get to more of the states. We tend to revisit the same places because we are used to them and know where to stay. Very inspiring photos.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete