Monday, 11 April 2016

Busch Stadium Opening Day 2016



It's the opening day of baseball season here in St. Louis and, as we live right opposite the stadium, you can't but help get caught up in the atmosphere.  


After a wet start it has dried up and looks like being nice weather for the game (a bit chilly, but that's April!).


It's traditional for the Budweiser Clydesdales to put in an appearance on opening day and this year I joined the scrum to watch them being hitched up before they did a lap of the stadium.


Love the roses in their manes!



I'm not going to the game today.  I'm now back home in front of the telly with a cup of tea watching the festivities in comfort!!

2 comments:

  1. The dray horses are magnificent aren't they Fiona, it must take ages to get those roses looking so perfect in their manes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I'd pop over and say Hi. I love festivities like this! Everyone is always so happy and excited. I can't wait to see what you've been up to and things you've made. I'm in Florida again. I haven't even had time to post the first trip yet. Such is life.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete