Monday, 8 August 2016

Sashiko


Several years ago I bought a sashiko kit.  I started the embroidery but didn't get very far (approx. 6 inches in a straight line to be precise!) and it lay untouched on my craft table under a pile of other stuff until the other week.  I decided to give it another go and it proved to be an excellent project to work on while watching telly!  The embroidery took all of a few evenings to finish and then I made it into a bag.


I decided to add a lining so I couldn't see the back of the embroidery (it wasn't pretty!) and found this cherry blossom print in my stash.  I have to say, it's a very cute little bag.  I have absolutely no idea whether I will ever use it but I'm delighted I finally got it finished!


Also on my craft table was a pile of yarn and a pattern that I purchased in 2011 .... so this shawl is my latest work in progress.  And there is some fabric cut out on my craft table for another project.

It's amazing what you can do when you have two working arms!!

5 comments:

  1. Your bag is really lovely Fiona, the cherry blossom lining was the perfect choice. There is a Japanese theme to Ho Ho Ho and on We Sew this month you should definitely link this up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Sashiko, Fiona - a stunning bag!!! I'm sure you'll find a use for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Fiona, just saw this post! I think both projects are very nice. The shawl is going to be beautiful. You did a great job on the bag. You should carry it! If not for a purse type bag, carry it for a project bag. It's cute!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete